About the Role
The demand for treatment for behavioral health issues continues to increase across the US. As a result, Mindpath Health is experiencing tremendous growth and expansion and is on target to become a leader in outpatient behavioral health services that blend human connection with science-based care.
As the Patient Account Representative (Remote within the U.S.) , you will be responsible for coordinating and administering Patient Financial Services functions that include accounts receivable posting, customer service, billing third party follow-up, credit balance and Medicare report preparation.
The working hours of this role will be 8:30am - 5:30pm EST or 9:00am - 6:00pm EST.
- Intake of incoming phone calls from patients and clients.
- Initiate outgoing calls to insurance payers, patients, clients, and all applicable parties and ensure all calls are returned with 48 hours
- Determine account balances in patient accounts
- Interface with front office staff with all inactive charts
- Work with Billing Specialists on detailed insurance issues
- Setup and monitor payment plans
- Process certified patient termination letters
- Call on “last chance” overdue statement prior to collections
- Process collection list for hand off to commercial collection
- Troubleshoots problems; assists and trains staff members, and makes suggestions/recommendations for process improvements
- Works collaboratively with others, performs medical billing functions to third party payers, reviews itemized bills to verify accuracy and completeness of charges and codes, operates hospital’s electronic billing systems and interacts with third party electronic billing systems
- Third-party follow-up and accounts receivable posting, follows-up and coordinates payments from third party payers, ensures that all third-party and self-pay payments, adjustments, and denials are posted to facilitate timely and accurate management of accounts receivable
- High School degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of one-year experience in patient accounting or similar role.
- Minimum of one year of demonstrated customer service skills (within a healthcare setting preferred).
- Experience with electronic health records; preferably AMD.
- Experience with medical terminology, medical insurance, HMO, managed care, and medical coding requirements.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word) and technical aptitude to work in open systems environments).
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to build and facilitate good working relationships with staff at all levels of organization.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality of all personal/health sensitive information.
We offer a robust benefits package to include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and EAP
- LTD/Life Insurance
- 401k with employer match
- PTO accrual starting at 15 days per year
- Paid Parental Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
About Mindpath Health
Mindpath Health exists to increase access to mental health care that helps people thrive. We do this by empowering our clinicians, investing in our people, and caring for the communities we serve. As a national leader in mental health services, we are reimagining care delivery, reaching patients and focus on clinical excellence. With a team of more than 500+ mental health clinicians, Mindpath Health provides a broad spectrum of psychiatry, interventional psychiatry (including TMS and esketamine) and psychotherapy care.
At Mindpath Health, we offer telehealth and in-person visits and coordinate care with primary care physicians and referring providers to ensure a focus on the total health. Mindpath Health is in-network with most major health insurance providers and has more than 90 locations across California, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, Texas, Ohio, Arizona and growing.
Join our community and discover how rewarding work can be!
Mindpath Health is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status legally protected by federal, state, or local law.
Req ID: 3106
Back to All Jobs